Medical Assistant Careers
So you think you are interested in Medical Assistant Careers? Ask yourself the following questions . . .
• Would you mind having your work environment be in the office of a physician?
• Are you a people person?
• Can you multi-task?
• Do you enjoy performing administrative tasks?
• Are you comfortable with handling blood or other bodily fluids?
• Are you detail-oriented?
• Are you willing to work flexible hours which may include nights and weekends?
The Facts About Medical Assistant Careers
• Most medical assistants complete medical assistant training which consists of a 1 to 2 year degree or certificate program.
• Some medical assistants work in hospitals while others work in private medical offices.
• A medical assistant’s daily duties will depend on the size and location of the office.
• Faster than average job growth is expected.
How Much Money Can I Make As A Medical Assistant?
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, in 2007 the median annual salary for Medical Assistants was $27,430. The salary range for these positions was between $19,850 and $38,490. Your salary may depend on the type of facility that you work in and if you hold a certificate.
Click here to compare the salary of a Medical Assistant to other career salaries.
Ready To Start A Career As A Medical Assistant?
Click here to learn about the steps to get started in Medical Assistant Careers.
If Medical Assistant Jobs aren’t what you are looking for, you may want to consider one of these other Healthcare Careers . . .
Other Healthcare Careers
Return from the Medical Assisting Page to the Career Search and More Home Page