Marketing Careers & Careers in Marketing
So you think that you're interesting in Marketing Careers or a position in Sales or Advertising? Ask yourself the following questions . . .
• Do take pleasure in the thrill of trying to meet a deadline?
• Do you like influencing those around you?
• Are you creative?
• Do you enjoy speaking in public?
• Are you self-motivated?
• Are you goal oriented?
• Are you comfortable striking up a conversation with a stranger?
• Are you willing to work flexible hours depending on the needs of the business?
• Are you willing to have your pay controlled directly by your performance?
The Facts About A Career in Marketing
• Some types of sales jobs require a lot of time spent on the phone . . . dial, dial, dial!
• These jobs can include lots of travel and long hours, including nights and weekends.
• You must be comfortable working under pressure. No matter what obstacles occur, you will still need to meet the deadlines.
• Sales positions can often be the highest paid positions in a company, often higher paying them some middle management positions.
How Much Money Can I Make As A Marketing/Sales Professional?
Career Salaries are very important to consider when choosing a career. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, in 2007 the median annual salary for Sales and Marketing Careers was $23,740. The salary range for these positions was between $14,910 and $70,000. Your salary may depend on the type of sales/marketing that you are involved in, the amount of experience that you have, and the commission or bonus structure of your organization. Many sales positions pay low annual salaries, but offer large bonuses and commissions.
Click here to compare the salary of Marketing Careers to other career salaries.
Ready To Start Your Career in Marketing?
Click here to learn about the steps to get started in Careers in Marketing.
If Careers in Marketing aren’t a good fit for you, you may want to consider one of these other Business Careers . . .
Other Business Careers
Return from the Marketing Page to the Career Search and More Home Page
Want to find out more about Sales jobs? Visit
There are many sales jobs available for those who want to work as salespeople. Belong to the labor force by applying to any of the sales jobs that are listed.