Computer Engineering Careers
So you think you’re interested in Computer Engineering Careers? Ask yourself the following questions . . .
• Do you enjoy working with computers?
• Are you proficient in math?
• Do you mind being in front of a computer for long periods of time?
• Do you consider yourself analytical?
• Do you have good communication skills?
• Do you easily learn new concepts?
• Can you adjust to rapid changes?
• Can you learn different programming languages?
The Facts About Computer Engineering
• Growth in employment will be fast as many new jobs will be added.
• College graduates will have the best opportunities.
• You may need to consider relocating in order to have more opportunities for computer engineer jobs.
• Telecommuting is common as many computer engineers work from remote locations.
How Much Money Can I Make In Computer Engineer Jobs?
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, in 2007 the median annual salary for Computer Engineers was $79,780. The salary range for these positions was between $49,350 and $119,770. Your salary may depend on the industry that you become involved in, if you work for a corporation or as a freelancer, and the amount of practical experience you have.
Click here to compare the salary of Computer Engineering careers to other career salaries.
Ready To Start Your Career in Computer Engineering?
Click here to learn about the steps to get started with Careers in Computer Engineering.
If Computer Engineering Jobs aren’t a good fit for you, you may want to consider one of these other Technology Careers . . .
Other Technology Careers
Return from the Computer Engineer Page to the Career Search and More Home Page