Career In Finance & Financial Advisor Career
So you think you want a Career In Finance? Ask yourself the following questions . . .
• Do you have good interpersonal skills and ability for working with numbers?
• Do you like competition?
• Have you ever considered being self-employed?
• Are you willing to seek a higher level degree and necessary licensure?
• Are you comfortable giving financial advice to others?
• Do you enjoying following the trends of the Stock Market?
• Are you willing to start with a small salary while undergoing training?
• Are you willing to work to 50-65 hours per week to establish yourself?
The Facts About A Career In Finance
• Competition can be fierce as many people seek these high paying jobs. Are you ready?
• About one third of the individuals that are in a Financial Advisor Career are self-employed.
• Having a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) will increase your marketability in this field.
• You may need to get your Series 7 and 66 licenses depending on the position you are looking for.
• The two most important qualities to become successful in a Financial Advisor Career are good people skills and a knack for numbers.
• The growth of these positions can go up and down depending on the economy.
How Much Money Can I Make In A Financial Advisor Career?
Career Salaries are very important to consider when choosing a career. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, in 2007 the median annual salary for Careers in Finance was $67,660. The salary range for these positions was between $33,100 and $145,600. Your salary may depend on your level of education, the amount of experience that you have, and the caliber of your clientele.
Click here to compare the salary of a Career in Finance to other career salaries.
Ready To Start Your Career in Financial Planning?
Click here to learn about the steps to get started in Financial Planner Careers.
If Financial Planning Careers aren't a good fit for you, you may want to consider one of these other Business Careers . . .
Other Business Careers
Return from the Finance Page to the Career Search and More Home Page