Nursing Careers & RN Careers
So you think you are interested in Nursing Careers? Ask yourself the following questions . . .
• Do you enjoy caring for others?
• Are you bothered by blood or other bodily fluids?
• Are you comfortable being on your feet for a long period of time?
• Are you physically able to assist with the lifting of patients?
• Do you mind working in a hospital?
• Do you mind working flexible hours which will include nights and weekends?
• Are you able to participate in schooling that is offered mostly during the day in traditional school settings?
• Are you a Certified Nurse Assistant looking for more responsibility and higher pay?
The Facts About Nursing Careers
• The majority of nursing jobs will take place in a
hospital. In addition to these bedside nursing
positions, there are also positions available in managed
care facilities, doctor’s offices, clinics, nursing
homes, prescription drug companies, and insurance
• Due to the aging population of the baby boomers, there
will be an increasing demand for registered nurses.
• The three major education paths to nursing are
associates degrees, bachelor’s degrees, and approved
• Nursing positions are very demanding both mentally and
physically. Nurses often work 12 hour shifts and are on
their feet the majority of the time. Due to these
demands, many bedside nurses “burn out” after several
years and turn to other job opportunities within the
nursing field. These possible career shifts may include
management and administration, specialized nursing
careers such as nurse practitioner, or nursing education
How Much Money Can I Make As A Nurse?
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, in 2007 the median annual salary for Nursing Careers was $60,010. The salary range for these positions was between $42,020 and $87,310. Your salary may depend on the type of facility that you work in and if you hold an advanced practice license.
Click here to compare the salary of Nursing careers to other career salaries.
Ready To Start RN Careers?
Click here to learn about the steps to get started with Nursing & RN Careers.
Not sure if Nursing & RN Careers are right for you?
Click here to learn more about free Career Interest Tests that can help you decide which career will be right for you.
If A Career in Nursing isn’t what you are looking for, you may want to consider one of these other Healthcare Careers . . .
Other Healthcare Careers
Return from the Nursing Careers Page to the Career Search and More Home Page .