Hotel Manager Careers
So you think you want a career as a Hotel Manager? Ask yourself the following questions . . .
• Are you willing to work long hours including nights,
weekends, and holidays?
• Do you have excellent communication and interpersonal
• Are you well organized?
• Are you willing to work in a variety of settings in a
• Would you be willing to relocate for job advancement?
• Do you enjoy attending to the needs of customers?
The Facts About Careers in Hotel Management
• Even though it may not be required having a degree will
help you move up the ladder faster.
• Long hours, long hours, and yes long hours. This career
path does not have your typical 9-5 schedule.
• Making people happy is the name of the game. Make those
• As in most careers, be prepared to work from the
ground up. Rome was not built in a day!
How Much Money Can I Make In Hospitality Management Jobs?
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, in 2007 the median annual salary for Hotel Management was $42,320. The salary range for these positions was between $31,870 and $82,510. Your salary may depend on the location, responsibilities and which section of the hotel industry you work in.
Click here to compare the salary of a Hotel Manager to other career salaries.
Ready To Start Careers A Hospitality Management Career?
Click here to learn about the steps to get started in a Hospitality Management Career.
If a Hospitality Management Career isn't good fit for you, you may want to consider one of these other Hospotality Careers . . .
Other Hospitality Careers
Return from Hotel Career Page to the Career Search and More Home Page