Video Game Designer Career
So you think you’re interested in a Video Game Designer Career? Ask yourself the following questions . . .
• Do you have a passion for video games?
• Are you willing to make less money in order to have a
career that you are passionate about?
• Do you enjoy a casual working environment?
• Are you willing to go to school to become a video game
• Are you able to start at the bottom of the industry and
work your way up?
• Are you creative and artistic?
The Facts About A Video Game Designer Career
• Passion for video games is a must along with knowledge
of the video game industry.
• Video game designers earn a decent salary however; they
are more likely to be in it for the love of video games
and the excitement of working in a cutting-edge field.
• Schooling is essential to get into the field as
companies are going to want both education and
• Since there are only a handful of video game companies,
you will need to either live near a company that is
hiring or be willing to relocate.
How Much Money Can I Make As A Video Game Designer?
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, in 2007 the median annual salary for a Video Game Designer was $79,780. The salary range for these positions was between $49,350 and $119,770. Your salary may depend on the industry that your education level and your level of experience.
Click here to compare the salary of a Video Game Designer career to other career salaries.
Ready To Start Your Video Game Career?
Click here to learn about the steps to get started in Video Game Careers.
If a Video Game Career isn't a good fit for you, you may want to consider one of these other Technology Careers . . .
Other Information Technology Careers
Return from the Game Designer Page to the Career Search and More Home Page