Medical Billing And Coding Careers
So you think you are interested in a career in Medical Billing and Coding? Ask yourself the following questions . . .
• Are you organized?
• Are you detailed-oriented?
• Can you multi-task?
• Do you mind working in an office?
• Are you comfortable with little or no contact with
• Would you be ok with sitting in front of a computer for
long periods of time?
The Facts About Medical Billing And Coding
• Depending on what state you live in, you may or may not
be required to have a medical billing certification.
• One of the few areas in the health field that has little
or no interaction with patients.
• Experience is very important. Just because you have a
certificate may not mean that you get hired immediately.
Be prepared to start on the ground floor and work your
• Faster than average job growth is expected.
How Much Money Can I Make In Medical Billing?
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, in 2007 the median annual salary for Medical Billing jobs was $29,205. The salary range for these positions was between $19,060 and $45,260. Your salary may depend on the type of facility that you work in and if you hold a certificate.
Click here to compare the salary of a Medical Billing and Coding career to other career salaries.
Ready To Start Your Career in Medical Billing?
Click here to learn about the steps to get started in a Career in Medical Billing
If a Career in Medical Billing isn’t what you are looking for, you may want to consider one of these other Healthcare Careers . . .
Other Healthcare Careers
Return from the Medical Billing Page to the Career Search and More Home Page