So you think that you're interested in Accounting Careers? Ask yourself the following questions . . .
• Do you like numbers? Ask yourself that again, DO YOU
• Do you enjoying analyzing financial information?
• Are you willing to work in front of a computer for the
majority of the workday?
• Do you like meeting deadlines?
• Are you analytical?
• Do you enjoy solving problems by looking at facts and
The Facts About Accounting Careers
• This job is about numbers, not people. Be prepared to be
in a cubical and have minimal interaction with
• The majority of accounting jobs will require a
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting.
• Some jobs will require a Masters Degree or CPA
(Certified Public Accountant) certification for
• Good opportunities for growth due to constantly changing
• Preparing, Analyzing, and Verifying is the name of the
How Much Money Can I Make As An Accountant?
Career Salaries are very important to consider when choosing a career. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, in 2007 the median annual salary for Accountants was $57,060. The salary range for these positions was between $35,570 and $98,220. Your salary may depend on your level of education, the amount of experience that you have, and the type of accounting that you specialize in.
Click here to compare the salary of Accounting careers to other career salaries.
Are You Ready To Start Your Career In Accounting?
Click here to learn about the steps to get started in Careers in Accounting.
If Accounting isn't a good fit for you, you may want to consider one of these other Business Careers . . .
Other Business Careers
Return from Accounting Page to the Career Search and More Home Page